Monday, September 28, 2009

More Randomness

On Saturday I spent the day at the Nashville Zoo. I always volunteer there during the summer and during special events. The event was called Harvest Days, and it’s to show people what it was like way back in the day before television and cars and stuff. Me and the next girl under me, DD, got to work at the bracelet making table. You had this really gross-smelling twine which kept unraveling and you threaded on these wooden beads. It took forever to get them on, by the way. Whenever a girl came by we’d ask if she wanted to make a bracelet. If it was a guy we’d call it a man-band. DD was cracking up about that ALL DAY. Once she gets going with a joke she’s on it like a dog on a bone :)

On Friday I watched the Two Towers. It’s kind of sad, I know, but I almost cried twice. First when Gollum was arguing with himself that Frodo was his friend, then when Gimli and Aragorn jumped into the middle of all those orcs to defend the bridge and I thought they were going to die. Gimli is hilarious. He’s my sister’s favorite character. Him and Eowyn.

LOTR 3 is waiting for me at the library! I can’t wait to watch it! I’m fast becoming a devoted LOTR fan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment