Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pencil Splints, E.J, LotR, Etc.

I am so mad at myself. On Monday I had the bright idea to do my back handspring with my fingers bent backward. Turns out it's very painful. So now I'm walking around with my finger wrapped up in purple tape with a splint made out of a broken pencil holding it immobile. I can't pick anything up, my typing speed has slowed by fifty percent, and pretty much the only thing I can do easily is watch movies.

Speaking of movies, I finally watched Lord of the Rings! I love that movie. Only my and my sister Liz watched it, so nobody but her gets it when I crack a LotR-related joke. My favorite character is a tie between Aragorn and Frodo. And then the beautiful horses that the ring-wraiths were riding.

So, the doctor changed his mind for the THIRD time about when my nephew E.J is going to be born. First it was late December, then it was late November, and now it's early December. We'll see how long it is before he changes his mind again :). Ne-Ce (the eldest sister and E.J's mom) is always sleeping now. I'd call her a zombie but then she'd probably hurt me and I'm practically not even allowed to glare at her in case I hurt E.J. Back when Ne-Ce babysat me and my sibs all the time she used to make us do push-ups when we didn't listen. And now she'll randomly decide to whack somebody when we're in the car and there's a red light. That's Ne-Ce. But we love her anyway :) - even if I never did get a chance to push her into the foam-filled pit at the gym. At least I'm taller than her now.

3 comments:

  1. OW!
    And okay, it's ilarious - I love Riley,
    I love James Patterson and can't WAIT to read Maximum Ride, I love Hangman's Curse and Phantom Stallion, Stacie Orrico and Superchick.
    Wierd. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. so.... did you watch all the Lord of the Rings or just one of them?
    have you read the books?
    don't you love them? i don't know who my favorite characters are.... i've always had that problem.............
    so yeah.
    -tinydancer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only watched the first one but I'm watching the next two this weekend, hopefully.
    I started to read the books but I never got past page 30 in the first one. I think I was in a reading slump. But I'm going to try again :)

    ReplyDelete