Thursday, February 25, 2010

Old Writings

I was cleaning out my desk area today and I came across an old binder. I used to write these newsletters for my nana and the binder was full of them. It was so much fun to read back over all my old writings. I documented everything from the completion of my first novel to the weight of my dog. But my absolute favorite were the poems. Here’s one I wrote about school, oh so originally titled “School”:

Pencils, paper, and my math book.
“Here you are, Teacher, take a look.”
No more free time, no more play
Everyone waits for Saturday.
Lots of homework every night.
Will I ever get these problems right?
Gotta’ go to bed with no TV
I have to go to school in the morning, y’see.
All these math problems in my head
Never get no rest, even in bed.
Teacher says I’m smart and I don’t see why
She says I’ll learn a lot if only I try.
I can already do addition ad count to ten.
So why do I need to go to school again?

No comments:

Post a Comment