Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just Catching Up

It’s almost November!

Okay, not really, but you know what I mean. It’s almost time for NaNoWriMo. This will be my first years doing it. My friend Hannah, who I volunteered with at the zoo, told me about it but I totally forgot until we were halfway into December. Basically during NaNo – short for National Novel Writing Month – you try to write 50000 words in one month. You can’t just write fifty-thou on another story; you have to write it so the quota can stand alone. I can’t wait for that.

As for more good news, my sister Ne-Ce thinks the doctors miscalculated and that EJ will be born late November. The original date was Dec. 21. I hope she’s right. No way am I going to be able to wait until December.

We went to Nashville Shores last Friday. That was sooo much fun. We rode the Big Scream, which is crazy fun. You slide down this practically vertical wall in a big float. You should have heard my sister Kay screaming. It was hysterical. First we all rode in pairs because everybody was scared to go by themselves, then my sister Natalie decided she was going to try it alone. We practically had to drag Kay up the stairs. I offered to go first. Going by yourself isn’t half as scary as going in doubles. Go figure.

Only ten more days until my birthday! I’ll be sixteen years old and I can finally get my learners permit.

I just sent my friend MK the last chapter in my book that she’s proofreading for me. I’ll finally be done with that. It’s weird, but I feel like I can’t write anything until I’m done with that. And I wish it was November already so I could start writing on the plot I have for NaNo.

I’m pretty much just twiddling my thumbs until November, or really until school starts. I don’t go back until Sept. 8. I can certainly wait for that. I love school, except for Spanish. I can’t seem to grasp it despite the fact that my mother is pretty near fluent in it. Ugh. Whatever.

I’ve gotta’ get out of here. I’ve been challenged to write a complete main character profile in fifteen minutes. We’ll see how that goes. Gabrielle aka Erudessa

P.S What is the Elvish word for sister?

- The honor is not in the destination, but in the first step of the journey

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Learner's Permit, that's always fun. Don't mean to rub it in, but we get our Learner's Permits at 14 here ... Muahaha. In all seriousness, the anticipation is the best part of learning to drive. So enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NaNoWriMo has never been my thing, but I have tons of friends who rave about it. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought about doing NaNoWriMo, but I think I am doing the 1 yr adventure novel program for school, so that's enough for moi.

    Sometimes I have to remind myself that there are other subjects besides writing. Wah.

    ReplyDelete