Sunday, March 21, 2010

My WIP

My current work in progress is Nobody’s Angel, the fourth part of the Promise Trilogy. Yes, I know, a trilogy is only supposed to have four parts. But the third book, Promise Child, only opened up a thousand new plot threads and it was impossible to end them all. I’m still calling it a trilogy, though. A trilogy plus one, maybe.

At the moment, the novel has thirty-eight pages, 21.300 words, and four chapters. It’s a decent count. I started the novel on the seventeenth of this month. My sister Dominique and I are racing to see who can finish their novel first. It’s not really a fair race. I have my own laptop, my navy blue Toshiba named Tasha, and Dominique uses the ancient desktop in my parents’ room.

My word count goal is 80.000, the same as the other three books. The plan is to be done with the first draft before the end of the month, so I can devote all my time to studying for the ACTs. Not to mention my mother and sisters are threatening to read the first two books. They probably won’t appreciate not knowing what happens in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment