Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Graduated!

I am officially a high school graduate. I just love saying that now. The ceremony was so awesome. I've watched it about six times, for all my older sisters and cousins, and I finally got to experience it from the graduate side.

My dress was so pretty. My older sister Kyra bought it for me. It was even purple, my all time favorite color (not according to my Aunt Julie, but that's a whole other story). I wore the heels I've been wearing for about a year, to lessen the chance of my doing something crazy and tripping and falling on my face up on the stage. Which I didn't; fall, I mean. I took tiny little steps to make sure of that :)

After the ceremony, and after the impromptu photo shoot with my Uncle Robert behind the camera, we all went back to my house to celebrate even further. We had a gigantic barbecue and I got barbecued ribs! Yum, I love those. On a random note, my mom got these chocolate chip cookies that were scarily addictive. I was eating them all night.

My mom gave Elizabeth and I each a photo matte that people could autograph. It was a lot of fun to go around and collect everybody's autograph; some of the things they wrote were so sweet I almost cried. On Liz's I wrote "No rest for the wicked awesome. Go forth and conquer!" We had some fun with that :)

Anyway, so now I'm officially graduated. The plan is to do two years at a community college here at home and then go to my dream college, Murray State University in Kentucky. But we'll see if and how my plans match with God's.

No comments:

Post a Comment