Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wake up call

I got a wake up call today. I've done absolutely nothing productive for almost an entire month. I feel awful just writing that. In five minutes I could probably come up with ten excuses why I haven't (sadly, making excuses is something I excel at).

This month I've managed not to drive, read - fiction, nonfiction, or my bible - write, walk the dog, or hang out with my siblings. I pretty much spend my entire day playing with EJ or listening to music.

So I have come to the decision that I need to take a break. From music, I mean. I cringe at the idea of not listening to music twenty-four seven but when that's all I'm doing, it's definitely time to take a step back. Starting tomorrow morning (yes, yes, I know. But I am really going to do it!) I'll be cut off from music for a week. No doubt you'll hear me whining about it in a while.

On a note that does not include myself, my family had a lot of fun on Father's Day. We got my dad a My Touch Slider. For awhile he wanted to stick with his old phone, a Razor, but when he figured out all the stuff his new phone could do, he warmed right up to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment