Sunday, July 25, 2010

Volleyball is not for me

I remember the first time I played volleyball, I was so short the ball never came to me. So I did handstands while everybody played around me. And just as I kicked up into the perfect handstand, the ball flew over my head. Total genius.

I played volleyball yesterday with my uncle and cousins at my cousin Ashley's graduation party. First of all, my uncle in one word: COMPETITIVE. I was just glad I wasn't on the other team (although we lost) because he hits the ball hard. My cousin Gabrielle, who is tiny, got hit in the face three times.

The game was pretty intense, plus it was in the dark. You'd just look up and see this white orb sailing towards you and, depending on who you were, you yelled and got out of the way, or you hit that thing like there was no tomorrow.

Anyway, I've written 80,300 words so far this month. I was hoping to get to 100,000 but that's obviously not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment