Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Lion King

Yesterday I watched The Lion King. Of course, I got all teary eyed because I always do. The Lion King will always make me bawl like a baby, honestly. Simba was such a sturdy, spunky little lion before Mufasa died. And he spent years thinking Mufasa’s death was all his fault.

What’s even sadder is that I still like Scar. He has a sort of roguish charm, even if he is conniving and heartless. And his song, ‘Be Prepared’ – I love it. He had a rather harsh end, although I guess he had it coming.

I wonder if Simba felt guilty for dumping his responsibilities when Nala tried to get him to come back. And when he saw his father in his reflection – I can’t help thinking about how we’re supposed to have others see Jesus in us. I wish I could look at my reflection and see Jesus there as easily as Simba could see his father.

I wonder what it’s like when we ‘go home’ to heaven. I wonder if there’re trees and stuff, the kind of trees we’re used to. And I wonder what eternity is like.

But beyond my endless wonderings, I know that no matter how perfect “hakuna matata” looks, “pride rock” is the place to be.

P.S Nevertheless, BE PREPARED is a great song.

2 comments:

  1. I like that song too(and the movie even more).
    But I'd have to say my faorite song is I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO BE KING. That one is so funny.

    -L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually never seen the Lion King. Isn't that funny? I must be uncultured. =D

    ReplyDelete