Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Reading

The library is one of my favorite places ever. Correct me if I’m wrong, but at least down here in TN it seems like every book I pick up is fantasy. I have absolutely nothing against fantasy – Companions Quartet is one of my favorite series – but when you’ve read nothing but fantasy for months and months. Well, let’s just say I’m desperate enough for reality to read nonfiction like I usually read fiction.

I just reread a non-fantasy fiction book from the series Mark of The Lion. Those are really good books. I borrowed it from a friend – which, actually, I should probably ask Mom if we can go up to their house so I can take the book back. I’ve had it for months. I’m pretty sure I got it last year.

Anyway, next I’m going to read Piercing the Darkness and This Present Darkness. They’re by Frank Peretti and really awesome. He wrote them ages ago, I think before I was even born. If you’ve never read them, you really should. They’re about spiritual warfare. This Present Darkness is the first one, so read that one first. Personally I like Piercing the Darkness better.

P.S In all honesty, I could have those books entirely backward but the one about Ashton is the first one.

6 comments:

  1. Hello
    Nice blog! Nice to find another fellow equestrian!!
    So what style do you ride??
    I ride mainly english/jumper, but I do some western/pleasure riding too.:)
    Oh I love to read ALOT too!!
    well bye for now...
    check out my blog if you want to!
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The Mark of the Lion series several years ago. Rivers has done some powerful things with that story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K.M Weiland: Have you ever read any of Terri Blackstock's books? They're awesome.

    Nicki: I've never ridden English, only Western pleasure. But I'd love to learn Dressage.

    Elrania: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete