Monday, December 7, 2009

Gideon

Yesterday I saw my favorite horse, Gideon. I'm still trying to come up with another name for him. So far I've considered Galaxy, Aladdin, and another one that I completely forgot. Now I'm leaning towards Aladdin, because apparently Gideon thinks he's a master pickpocket.

We went for a ride and then I fed him some horse cookies, which he loves. He'd probably climb a tree for them. While he was eating, I stood in the paddock and ate my PB&J. So Gideon finishes his cookie and then "sneaks" up behind me, slips his massive head over my shoulder, and tries to snag my sandwich. It was hilarious. He thought he was being so sneaky but of course I heard him coming a mile away, plus he's massively clumsy and almost felt on top of me. Sometimes he'll come up behind you and put his head on your shoulder and just stand there forever. He's so sweet.

Actually, let me rephrase that. He's sweet to people. Wait, let me rephrase that, too. He's really a pushy, drooling brat. He gets startled easily and kicked a little kid just a few days ago. He's horrible to his brother - he'll snatch food right out of his mouth and bite him when he thinks he's getting too much attention.

But he's sweet to most people, really!

No comments:

Post a Comment