Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Me and my conscience have a conversation

Conscience: You should edit a few pages today, at least

Me: Hm, nah

Conscience: You haven't edited a thing in thirteen days

Me: Whose counting?

Conscience: I am

Me: But why? The story sucks

Conscience: That's why we edit

Me: Easy for you to say, you don't have to do the work

Conscience: Just do one page

Me: Why?

Conscience: Because I said so

Me: Now you sound like me

Conscience: I am you, genius

Me: Sheesh, don't have to be mean about it

Conscience: Open your laptop

Me: It is open

Conscience: Close your chat windows

Me: B-b-but

Conscience: NOW!

Me: Fine. I'm going to work now. So leave me alone.

Conscience: Once you get past your first three urges to stop and get a snack, then I'll leave

Me: Fine

Conscience: Fine

Me: If Ne-Ce calls and says EJ's about to be born, I'm outta here

Conscience: Just edit, Gabrielle

Me: Fine. Right after I -

Conscience: NOW

Me: (closes chat windows and mournfully opens Word document)

No comments:

Post a Comment