Thursday, December 3, 2009

Here is a post to prove my brilliance

That title is sarcastic, of course!

Today I went to the gymnastics center. I was super excited because two days ago I did a layout full twist on the tumble track for the first time. So I figured I could do it again today without too much trouble. The first one I did went okay. I managed to get my feet under me for a landing, although I had too much momentum and flew backwards a second after. Then I got out the camera, because I wanted to show my dad.

Basically, when I try a new skill I have to stand for fifteen minutes and just think about it. Every time I come to the same conclusion - this is no big deal. The worst thing that could happen would be me breaking my neck (kidding!). But when my big sister Kyra turned the camera on me, I rushed it. I got a three quarter turn and heard this really weird cracking noise as I hit the mat and then went flying off of it.

So I got up and started walking back towards my sister and I realized my ankle was hurting. Okay, no big deal. It didn't hurt too badly. I figured I'd walk it off. A few minutes later it wasn't feeling any better, but I really didn't want to tell Kyra that I'd hurt myself because then she'd take us home, and my other two sisters who were tumbling would miss out. So I walked around a little more. Kyra kept asking what was wrong. I kept saying nothing.

Finally, I decided I'd try the full twist one more time. I did it, managed to get all the way around, and my ankle didn't hurt that much. So I did it a few more times. Didn't hurt at all. I was feeling great until we started walking out of the gym and I realized - yeah, just realized - that I was limping. Okay, still not too bad. I'd live. By the time we got in the car it hurt really badly. By the time we got home I was hopping on one foot. Now I'm sitting at my desk with my foot propped up on a pillow with ice.

The only one who came out better for my geniusness is my sister Liz, who gets to laugh every time I crawl - literally crawl, because hopping is really tiring - up the hallway.

Aren't I brilliant?

No comments:

Post a Comment