Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Epic Last Day of the Year Sleep-In

Today is my favorite day of the year. You get to stay up late. You get to toast in the New Year. You get to watch movies all night. I don't have to wash dishes. And it's also the day of the Epic Last Day of the Year Sleep-In. Since one of my new year's resolutions is to get up earlier - if you get up half an hour earlier every day then you add a week and a half's worth of time to your year - I decided to see just how long I could stay in bed. In spite of the sounds of breakfast, kids playing (loudly), the sounds of lunch (I was getting pretty hungry by then), and my sister typing away maniacally on the computer, I made it until 2:30 before I was bored out of my mind and had to get up. So now I'm going to clean my room and decide which movies to watch while I wait for midnight with my sibs. Inkheart is definitely on the program, and Up, and maybe Kung Fu Panda. I don't think we'll be able to watch more than four or so. And I need to find my stash of Oreo cookies. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to keep Oreo cookies safe in this house ^_^ Happy New Years to everybody! Can I say that already? Or do I have to wait until it's actually New Years?

No comments:

Post a Comment